‘They’re exploring’ – Journalist says 23 isn’t a priority for Tottenham – Spurs Web

Alessandro Sabattini/Getty Images

Dean Jones has claimed Tottenham Hotspur are simply exploring a deal for Nicolo Zaniolo but the AS Roma winger is not a priority for Antonio Conte’s men this summer.

90 minutes reported earlier this week that Roma had rejected Tottenham’s offer to sign Nicolo Zaniolo and that the Serie A club were unhappy with the fee offered by the north London club.

The report claimed Tottenham’s opening offer for the 23-year-old was a €25m (£21m) loan with an obligation to buy plus a further €10m (£8.4m). million pounds) of add-ons.

The print edition of Gazzetta dello Sport (08/09/22 – via sports witness) claimed on Tuesday there was still a big gap between what Spurs were willing to offer for the 23-year-old and what Roma demanded.

The report claimed the Giallorossi wanted €60m (£50.7m) in total for the Italy international, including the loan fee.

Jones believes Tottenham won’t pay exorbitant sums to sign Zaniolo and will only move for the right price.

The journalist told GiveMeSport: “Zaniolo is still one there. I would say they are exploring rather than really prioritizing at this point. They would like him, but certain conditions have to be met, and I’m not sure Tottenham will fulfill them all.

Boosts web opinion

Tottenham have apparently tested the waters to see what fee Roma would accept for Zaniolo. I suspect we’ll make a decent offer before the transfer window closes to test the Serie A side’s resolve, but I doubt the offer will top £40m.

Do you have something to tell us about this article?