Reporter claims Spurs have compiled ‘list of names’ to replace defender – Spurs Web

Jon Bromley/MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Journalist Dean Jones has claimed Tottenham’s hierarchy have compiled a list of defenders they would pursue should Japhet Tanganga leave the club before the transfer window closes.

Several departures are expected from Spurs over the next few days, with Sergio Reguilon and Harry Winks due to undergo medicals on Tuesday before completing loan transfers to Atletico Madrid and Sampdoria respectively (fabrice romano).

Bryan Gil is also set to join Valencia on loan, with Gennaro Gattuso revealing over the weekend that Spurs have informed the La Liga club they will give the go-ahead for the winger’s departure once they find a replacement (90 min).

Tanganga is another player who has been linked with a Tottenham exit, with reports from Italy last week indicating that AC Milan were favorites to land the 23-year-old (Calciomercato.it).

Jones has now said Antonio Conte’s men have a list of substitutes in mind to replace the Spurs academy graduate if he leaves.

He told GiveMeSport: “They have a list of names they are ready to choose from, but I don’t think they will go if Tanganga doesn’t leave, that’s my understanding anyway.”

Boosts web opinion

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tottenham decided to hang on to Tanganga and reassess the centre-back’s situation in January. The club ideally need a local option to replace the 23-year-old and there may not be enough time left in the transfer window to find a suitable replacement.

Do you have something to tell us about this article?