Full time, based in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast
ARN Régional is looking for an experienced journalist to join our on-air team. Based on the Sunshine Coast, you will broadcast newscasts for popular Queensland towns including Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone and Bundaberg. Working the coveted breakfast shift, you will be responsible for researching, researching, creating and presenting stories relevant to our markets, both on-air and online. The person we are looking for will have an active interest in local affairs and be able to develop a network of contacts. The ideal candidate is a trained journalist with a positive attitude. The role will involve shift work.
$53,000 – $71,000 depending on experience
What’s in it for you?
- We are flexible with shift swaps and remote work. Staff often move from one newsroom to another during the year between Darwin, Townsville, the Sunshine Coast and more.
- We offer new coaching, development pathways and numerous opportunities for career growth in regional and metropolitan markets.
- We offer birthday and volunteer leave, and we prioritize the health and well-being of staff.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, research and prepare reports
- Interview, record, edit captures for broadcast
- Write and present local half-hourly bulletins, headlines and reports for broadcast
- Confidence in the delivery of pre-recorded bulletins
- Convert radio scripts into online stories to share on our websites and social media
- Develop and maintain close working relationships within the radio network and community
- The ability to make sound editorial decisions about the best angle from which to approach a story
To be considered for this position, you will need the following skills and experience:
- You must have higher qualifications in journalism or communications
- A minimum of one year of experience in audiovisual media
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills
- Be able to adapt the style of writing and presentation according to market needs
- The ability to work within specific deadlines
- Have a thorough understanding of media legislation guidelines and industry codes of conduct
Please send your CV, cover letter and MP3 demo to Qld/NT News Director Hayley Turner
[email protected] by 14e June 2022.
*Please note that applications without aerial verification will not be considered.*