STV News has an exciting opportunity for a production reporter to produce and present their newscasts on a variety of times, including mornings, late nights and weekends. You will be part of the team in our Glasgow newsroom working on Scotland’s most-watched news programme, STV news at six.
STV News is dynamic and diverse and is looking for a journalist to join our talented newscast production and presentation team.
We place diversity at the heart of our thinking and practice and our production reflects modern Scotland and the lives of our diverse audience. As such, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We put real people at the heart of all our stories and our reporters, producers and presenters are essential in bringing those stories to our audience.
You will naturally be curious and overflowing with ideas, contacts and questions. You will need to edit and write, create our TV newscasts, copy for our website and digital video for our social media.
You’ll work on breaking news, talk to some of the biggest names in the country and be at the heart of some of the most important moments in Scottish life.
You will produce both compelling broadcast material and engaging online content, with strong storytelling at the heart of your work. You’ll need the confidence to push your ideas through transmission and publication.
Our ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of current and current affairs and the social, cultural and political trends that will shape Scotland in 2022 and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Scotland’s leading news team and help serve our audiences with engaging, accessible and trusted journalism at broadcast and online.
- Provide creative editorial input to the broadcast order of bulletins.
- Produce articles and other content to agreed standards for digital publishing.
- Generate story/report ideas and follow leads from a variety of sources.
- Preparing scripts for packages and bulletins that comply with legal guidelines
Skills and experience:
- Experience in journalism, ideally in a broadcast environment.
- Live on-screen presentation experience is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of current Scottish affairs and the law that affects Scotland.
- Experience producing content for multiple platforms.
- An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop new and innovative ways of covering the news.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm, resilient and adaptable in a dynamic live news environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels.
There are many reasons why working at STV is great, here are some of the benefits for you;
- 25 days of paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per year
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- Health care cash plan providing company contributions towards dental, optical, welfare or other health care costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle-work program.
- Subscription travel loan.
- Occupational health service on site.
- Flexible benefits portal offering a range of store and gym discounts.
To apply, please send a full CV and a 30-60 second video (filmed on your phone) covering a news story you have produced or reported to [email protected]
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and equal opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates who are currently underrepresented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people of diverse ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities and/or neuro-diverse people, and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the position..